A Boston Court Pasadena co-production of a new play by Rosie Narasaki, one of the 2022 recipients of the LANPP Award.
A hip, sexy, funny imagined meeting between Ladies-in-Waiting Murasaki Shikibu and Sei Shonagon who are, to this day, two of Japan’s most beloved writers.
They also kind of hated each other.
This play is about friendship, heartbreak, and what it means to be a female artist.
Perhaps most of all, it’s about how no matter how much things change, the more they
stay the same… even after a thousand years.
- Starring: David Huynh, Katie Kitani, Cindy Nguyen, and Chelsea Yakura-Kurtz
- Scenic Designer: Yuki Izumihara
- Costume Designer: Jana Ai Morimoto
- Lighting Designer: Henry Tran
- Sound Designer: Alyssa Ishii
- Properties Designer: Jesse Soto
- Casting Director: Fran de Leon
- Additional Casting: Raul Clayton Staggs
- Production Stage Manager: Letitia Chang
- Press Photographer: Brian Hashimoto