By Mary Lyon Kamitaki
Directed by Jon Lawrence Rivera
April 6 – April 29, 2019
THE END OF BEAUTY
By Cory Hinkle
Directed by Barbara Kallir
May 25 – June 17, 2019
By Janine Salinas Schoenberg
Directed by Diane Rodriguez
September 21 – October 14
BLOODLETTING part of CTG’s BLOCK PARTY!
TAR by Tom Jacobson
June 9 – July 2
CONTAGIOUS by Gary Lennon
August 25 – September 10
October 13 – November 5
All performances at Atwater VillageTheatre
3269 Casitas Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90039
HELP US CELEBRATE OUR 25TH ANNIVERSARY
WITH MORE ADVENTUROUS PROGRAMMING!
Dear Friend of Playwrights’ Arena:
There is still time to make a tax-deductible year end gift to ensure that we get to deliver an ambitious 25th Anniversary season of original works for adventurous minds.
OUR 25TH SEASON includes:
THE HOTEL PLAY
– a site specific play written by 7 women playwrights (Paula Cizmar, Velian Hasu Houston, Jennifer Maisel, Nahal Navidar, Julie Oni, Janine Salinas Schoenberg, and Laurie Woolery) — where audience members enter one room at a time to steal moments of private conversations, addressing the question “are we better off today in terms of race relations than 25 years ago?”
ACT FOR STUDENTS
– an 8-week immersive, collaborative workshop with high school students who write and perform their own play with the help of a playwright mentor and acting mentors.
Acting mentors Brie Eley and Curtis Scott rehearse with students at New Designs Charter School.
– an intimate play by Nick Salamone (who wrote the adaptation of HELEN at the Getty Villa) about the loves in our past and the words we never said.
NEW PAGES LAB
– a year-round readings of the freshest plays from the playwrights’ computers. Curated by Literary Manager Annette Lee, this series gives us insight into future plays. Many of our productions have been read through this series.
A reading of Gabriel Rivas Gomez’s THISABILITY.
OUR FATHER’S HOUSE
– a cutting edge reimagining of a classic play by Luis Alfaro set in a Central California seminary where young men are anguishing over the life they abandoned beyond the walls of the church. A co-production with Skylight Theatre Company.
We are more than 60% in achieving our goal of raising $50,000 by the end of the year.
Can we ask you to consider supporting us with a year end gift of any amount
? Your tax-deductible contribution will go 100% towards artists’ fees.
To make make a donation simply send a check to:
514 South Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
or click HERE to go through paypal. (Please note that we receive about 6% less of your donation via paypal).
Thank you for your support. And happy new year!!
The Board and Artists
Tax ID #95-4539887