"Alvarez does a fine job of crafting a delicate script that nicely explores not only the fantastical Aswang, but its implications in the real world." Stage Raw
A WORLD PREMIERE PLAY
On a journey to the Philippines to spread her father’s ashes, a woman discovers her supernatural powers. Will she embrace her inner good or evil?
"The music of speech subtly works as a metaphor, paralleling the way Farrah and Bosley slowly come to accept reality as it appears in Palawan. The story’s “supernatural” elements work metaphorically, too — an aswang must learn self-restraint (and self-acceptance) in order not to harm others, a lesson each of us must learn, witch or not. When all the layers of a story support one another like this, there’s some first-rate playwriting going on." Theatre Ghost
"This could so easily have been played for just spooky horror and fun. And I would have liked that! What I got instead was humor laced with pathos and human drama--which I liked a lot more!" Night-Tinted Glasses
- Starring: Evie Abat, Boni B. Alveraz, , Boni B. Alveraz, Alberto Isaac, Anne Yatco
- Scenic Designer: Christopher Scott Murillo
- Lighting Designer: Lily Bartenstein
- Sound Designer: Howard Ho
- Costume Designer: Mylette Nora
- Fight Choreographer: Edgar Landa
- Casting Director: Raul Staggs
- Stage Manager: John Freeland, Jr.
- Producer: Jonathan Muñoz-Proulx