"LAVENDER MEN is definitely a fantastic production which demands that the audience suspend reality in order to get into Taffeta’s groove. But the transition is worth it. You’ll see some unexpected “what-ifs” which may knock your socks off. This is a thought-provoking piece – but, at the same time, it’s also entertaining and fun." LA Splash
Playwrights' Arena and Skylight Theatre Company present a brand new historical fantasia.
Enter the historical fantasia of Taffeta, a self-proclaimed “fabulous queer creation of color,” as she invades the private world of Abraham Lincoln to confront issues of LGBTQ+ inclusion and visibility that still challenge us today.
"Mason’s writing is able to connect overweight, colored, and queer people with such fluidity within the story that they all become a coherent and powerful testament of the resilience of those underserved communities who are not willing to be silenced anymore. This is why Lavender Men, a smart, funny, and engaging play resonates in this era where society is trying to make amends for past mistakes." Glamgical
- Starring: Alex Esola, Roger Q. Mason, and Pete Ploszek
- Scenic Designer: Stephen Gifford
- Lighting Designer: Dan Weingarten
- Costume Designer: Wendell Carmichael
- Sound Designer: Erin Bednarz
- Music Composer: David Gonzalez
- Choreographer: Jobel Medina
- Prop Designer: Michael O'Hara
- Casting Director: Raul Clayton Staggs
- Production Manager / Covid Officer: Cedes Sifuentes
- Stage Manager: Letitia Chang
- Production Intern: Megan Hanna