"In light of the serious subject matter, the play is unexpectedly playful, and Rivera emphasizes the piece’s comic elements at every welcome opportunity. Yet under the deceptive lightheartedness lies a savage topicality. In recessionary America, the plating on that welcoming Golden Door has worn thin -- as these hopeful refugees will soon learn, to what, we suspect, is their peril."
Los Angeles Times
A WORLD PREMIERE PLAY
A play that looks at this country with eyes wide open from the point of view of its newest refugees – the Somali Bantu.
- starring: Barbara Bragg, Anita Dashiell, Celeste Den, Will Dixon and Diarra Kilpatrick
- scenic designer: John H. Binkley
- lighting designer: Jeremy Pivnick
- costume designer: Mylette Nora
- sound designer: Dennis Yen
- casting director: Raul Clayton Staggs
- stage manager: Kim Patch
- producer: Diane Levin